Please note that all testing requires a prior Wellness Consultation.
What is Functional Testing?
Functional Medicine testing gives key insights into what is happening internally. This information can be vital in addressing the root causes of illness and disease. Health problems are often causes by imbalances in the body’s systems. Virginia seeks to identify and treat the root causes of these imbalances rather than just band aiding the systems.
What is Functional Testing Used For?
- Identifying Underlying Causes – Functional medicine testing aims to uncover the underlying causes contributing to a patient’s health issues. This could include genetic predispositions, environmental toxins, nutrient deficiencies, hormonal imbalances, food sensitivities and more.
- Personalised Treatment – the results of these tests help Virginia to create a personalised treatment plan especially made to suit you and your health, rather than a one size fits all approach that does not work for everyone.
- Monitor Progress – functional medicine tests give a benchmark that can be used to quantitively measure a patient’s progress over time.
What Sort of Testing Do We Offer?
- Genetic Profiling – looks at your individual genetic predisposition and helps us towards creating a plan for optimising your health. Simple and pain free test by taking a swab of the inside of your check.
- Heavy Metal Testing – by shining a beam of light through your hand, Virginia can find deficiencies and excesses of minerals, environmental toxins and heavy metals. Virginia can help you come up with a plan to fix anything that is out of balance.
- Microbiome testing – this test focuses on specific microbiome that can cause digestive problems and balance in your microbiome that can cause digestive problems and chronic health conditions. Once Virginia has a clear view of what is happening in your gut, she can formulate an individual and effective plan for you.
- Organic Acid Testing – This looks at metabolites in the urine including organic acids, amino acids and other compounds. This helps unravel your metabolic pathways allowing for truly personalised therapeutic support. Metabolites are influenced by diet, nutrient status, toxin exposure, exercise, genetics, stress, gut microbiome and disease stage.
- Hormone Testing – this can be done via a blood test or urine. Virginia often tests with urine over a time period (example 24 hours) as this gives a more complete hormonal picture of how your body is processing hormones throughout the day rather than a single snapshot.